Frequently Asked Questions
You may be able to adopt a child if you’re aged 21 or over (there’s no upper age limit) and either:
- in a civil partnership
- an unmarried couple (same sex and opposite sex)
- the partner of the child’s parent
- If the child has been placed with you by an adoption agency or you are the parent of the child, then the child must have lived with you for 10 weeks before the application to court.
- If you are a Local Authority foster carer then the child must have lived with you for at least six months before the application is made to Court.
- In ay other case, a period of three months during the last five years before the application is made to Court.
News & Events
We receive a number of enquiries from foster carers wanting to know what their legal options are about adopting the child [more]
A number of articles have been published in recent weeks commenting upon child on parent violence and how this appears to [more]
Request a call back
Send us your contact details and we’ll call you!